Advocating for Women and Girls
CWEALF protects and promotes the rights of women and girls* by identifying and articulating the challenges they face and elevating their interests and voices through public policy and advocacy.
*Our work supports women and girls who identify as cisgender, transgender, and non-binary as well as people of all marginalized gender identities systemically and historically oppressed by those in power.
CWEALF’s Legal Education Program helps us to understand the significant needs of women and girls throughout the state. To achieve better opportunities for women, CWEALF leads policy coalitions, offers public testimony, and collaborates with community partners.
CWEALF fights gender discrimination and advances the rights, opportunities and status of women and girls, with a focus on:
- Economic Security and Success
- Access to Justice
- Workplace and Education Equity
- Freedom from Violence and Harassment
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
Find our most recent agendas, toolkits and reports here:
- 2023 Legislative Agenda
- Agenda Legislativa 2023
- Let’s Get Loud: Voter Guide to the 2022 Connecticut Election
- ¡Hagamos Ruido! La Guía del Votante para las Elecciones del 2022 en Connecticut
- 2022 Candidate Guide to Women’s Economic Security
- 2022 Legislative Report and Informe Legislativo 2022
As Chair of the Campaign for Paid Family Leave, CWEALF monitors the implementation of paid family and medical leave to ensure the program is transparent, user-friendly, and prioritizes the most underserved Connecticut residents.