Donating your time is a vital contribution to our organization. CWEALF has several volunteer opportunities throughout the year in a wide variety of special project including communications and marketing, staffing events, general office support, and on our Information and Referral (I&R) line.
If you are interested in volunteering, please review the application instructions under the current volunteer opportunities below.
Who are our volunteers?
- People who want to actively participate in supporting women, girls & their families
- People who are non-judgmental and accepting
- People who respect a diverse work environment
How much time would I be expected to volunteer?
That depends your availability and your interests. Volunteers are typically needed Monday-Friday during 9-5 business hours.
What type of work do volunteers do?
There are different ways you can help CWEALF make a difference! Examples include answering our Information & Referral (I&R), serving on a committee, or helping at events.
CWEALF volunteers should have strong communication, writing and computer skills. Volunteers are expected to demonstrate general work-related skills such as punctuality, responsibility, and thoroughness.
Information and Referral Volunteers
Want to make a difference in the lives of people in your community? CWEALF seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. Our Information & Referral program is a unique service that works to guarantee equal access to justice for all Connecticut residents. Trained volunteers answer calls and emails to provide clients with free legal information on primarily family law and employment discrimination, as well as attorney and community agency referrals.
I&R volunteers receive in-depth training and are thus are asked to commit to at least six months of service.
- Answering telephone calls and email inquiries regarding legal matters
- Collecting demographics and inputting data into our online software system
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available for 2-4 shifts between Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (shifts are flexible), with a commitment to approximately 4-6 hours per week total.
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Spanish speakers a plus